Oral Cancer Screening
Your Safety Is Our Top Priority
Once oral cancer matures, it's very difficult to successfully treat, which accounts for its high mortality rate. That is why Murphy Family Dentistry has incorporated a preliminary screening into both initial exams and recall visits every six months. Your safety and health are important to us, and we want to help you lead a happier life to the best of our abilities. If it’s been more than six months since your last checkup and cleaning, please don’t hesitate to contact us today and schedule an appointment here in Murphy, TX.
Why Choose Murphy Family Dentistry for Oral Cancer Screenings?
- Two Decades of Clinical Experience
- Experienced & Compassionate Staff
- State-of-the-Art Digital X-Rays & Other Diagnostic Technology
Dr. Nguyen and Dr. Najari strongly encourage patients to receive screenings on a routine basis, even if they don’t participate in any of the risk factors associated with oral cancer like smoking and heavy tobacco use. Early detection is your best hope of making a full recovery from this dangerous health condition. During this process, we’ll take a close look at the oral tissues, overall head, and neck. Possible symptoms that could indicate the presence of abnormal cells include:
- Strange crusts, lumps, and thickened areas of tissue
- Noticeable white/red discoloration
- Sores within the mouth that bleed very easily and don’t seem to be healing at the proper rate