All-on-4 — Murphy, TX
Renew Your Smile in a Single Appointment
If you have lost a significant number of teeth, traditional dentures can help you, but they come with some significant downsides. Dental implants present a superior solution, but you might dislike the idea of a lengthy treatment process. Did you know that there is a fast dental implant treatment for full arch tooth replacement? Thanks to the remarkable All-on-4 protocol, you might be able to have your remaining natural teeth extracted, get your dental implants inserted, and receive a beautiful new set of teeth — all during the same appointment!
How Do All-on-4 Implants Work?
As the name of the treatment implies, All-on-4 in Murphy uses just four dental implants to provide support for an entire arch of prosthetic teeth. Two of the implants are placed at the back of the jaw, and two are placed toward the front of the jaw — in areas where the bone is naturally strong and thick. Immediately after the implants are inserted, you’ll receive a provisional (temporary) denture to go on top of them. After you have healed adequately from the surgery, you’ll receive a permanent set of replacement teeth.
Am I A Candidate for All-on-4 Implants?
You may be a good candidate for All-on-4 treatment if:
- You have lost all or more of your teeth in either your upper or lower jaw (or both).
- You are committed to excellent oral hygiene and are free of active gum disease.
- You have adequate jawbone density to support dental implants in Murphy. Even if you have already lost some jawbone density, you might still qualify for All-on-4 due to the strategic placement of the implants. You might not even need a bone graft.
- You are tired of your traditional dentures.
What Are the Benefits of All-on-4 Implants?
Some of the most outstanding benefits of All-on-4 treatment include:
- Most patients require just one surgery. This is in contrast to traditional implant treatments, which typically require at least two surgeries.
- The procedure is minimally invasive. This contributes to a relatively fast recovery time.
- The results are beautiful and functional. All-on-4 dentures are designed to look like natural teeth. They are also sturdy enough to stand up to a wide variety of foods, including foods that pose a challenge for traditional dentures.
The implants are substitute tooth roots. Because they bond
with the jawbone, they can help to keep it as strong as possible.
All-on-4 vs. Traditional Dental Implants
Some key differences between traditional dental implants and All-on-4 include:
- All-on-4 usually requires fewer dental implants per arch. (Traditional treatments may require 6 – 8 implants per arch.)
- The treatment timeline with All-on-4 is allows you to enjoy a restored smile on the same day as your implant placement surgery. With traditional implants, you usually have to wait several months between the surgery and restoration.
- All-on-4 may cost less than traditional treatments.
Of course, there are some circumstances in which traditional dental implants are a better option than All-on-4. As your implant dentist in Murphy, our team will help you compare your choices so you can settle on the one that is the best fit for your circumstances.
The All-on-4 protocol is a relatively recent advancement in dental implant procedures. Dr. Nguyen and Dr. Najari are more than happy to answer any questions you might have about the treatment and how it differs from regular dental implants and other forms of tooth replacement. You can start learning more right now by checking out the answers to several questions frequently asked by patients down below. Write down any additional concerns that you want to bring to our attention during your consultation.
What Makes All-on-4 Different from Regular Dentures?
First of all, All-on-4 permanently anchors new teeth in place. This keeps them stable and increases their biting force. Compared to regular dentures, you’ll be able to eat anything you want without restriction. Also, your new teeth will feel more like your natural ones, and they won’t press down on your gums the way traditional dentures do. And of course, like any implant restoration, All-on-4 ensures that the underlying jawbone stays stimulated and continues producing new tissue – something that won’t happen if you only get dentures that rest on the gums.
Does All-on-4 Hurt?
Comfort is one of our top priorities during any given dental procedure. With the application of a local anesthetic, the surgery will be virtually painless. You can also choose from one of several forms of dental sedation to keep yourself in a calm, comfortable state. Of course, as you can probably guess, some discomfort will be experienced once the numbness wears off. Fortunately, it usually only takes the form of minor swelling and soreness that only last a few days. It normally takes about 1 to 2 days for people to return to their normal routine after surgery, and that’s usually due to having to relearn how to speak properly rather than having to recover from pain.
Why Do I Need Temporary Teeth?
The teeth you receive on the day of the All-on-4 procedure will only be temporary. You’ll receive the permanent versions at a later date. The reason you don’t get your permanent teeth right away is because the mouth still needs time to heal and fully integrate with the implant posts. The temporary teeth will be made out of lighter material that the implant posts can support more easily. Around 6 to 8 months after the surgery, the healing process should be complete, and you’ll be ready to receive your new permanent teeth.
Does the All-on-4 Procedure Have to Be Performed on Both Arches?
It’s completely possible to have All-on-4 performed on just the upper or lower arch. However, if it seems like both arches will need to be replaced soon, then it’s more efficient to combine the two All-on-4 procedures into one visit instead of splitting them up. You’ll save both time and money with this approach. We will carefully consider your situation and will work with you to determine what your needs are. If we think a double All-on-4 procedure is in your best interest, we’ll be sure to let you know right away.