Athletic Mouthguards – Murphy, TX
Safeguarding Smiles From Serious Injury
In the age of video games and social media, it can be refreshing to see your child or teenager engage in sports or outdoor physical activities. As a parent, you enjoy watching them excel and succeed on the field, court, or track, but what are you doing to ensure the safety of their smile? You provide them with the necessary equipment to protect against concussions and broken arms, but what about their teeth and gums? At Murphy Family Dentistry, our team can step in and provide your active child or teen with customized mouthguards in Murphy. Crafted from high-quality materials, they are fabricated according to their individual smile and comfortable to wear. Contact our office today to learn how your teen can take advantage of proper mouth protection before their next game.
Why Choose Murphy Family Dentistry for Athletic Mouthguards?
- Custom-Made Oral Appliances
- Compassionate and Caring Dental Team with Years of Experience
- Convenient Appointments Available (Including Saturdays)
How Mouthguards Protect Your Child’s Teeth
For decades, athletes have worn mouthguards to protect their teeth and gums from serious injury. Because an individual’s top teeth typically protrude further than their bottom teeth, these oral appliances are designed to cover the upper row of teeth. This additional barrier protects against broken or chipped teeth, knocked-out teeth, soft tissue lacerations, and more. When your teen or child faces potential injury during a game, the mouthguard will minimize the potential blow that can cause minor or severe damage to their smile.
When Your Child Should Wear a Mouthguard
You might assume sportsguards in Murphy are also meant to be worn when your child or teen is playing sports; however, this untruth often leads to more dental injuries. Whether they are engaged in a contact or non-contact sport, riding a bike, going for a run, or climbing a tree, a mouthguard can protect their teeth from sudden harm. A simple fall can cause your child to knock out a tooth, so making sure they are wearing appropriate mouth protection will help to mitigate the potential problem and keep their smile fully intact.
Benefits of a Custom Mouthguard
Choosing to equip your child or teen with a custom-made mouthguard is one of the best decisions you can make to protect their smile. The greatest benefits you and your teen will receive include:
- Added Protection – When your child is in the middle of a game or simply playing outdoors, you can rest easy knowing their teeth and gums will be better protected against a fall or foul ball.
- Increased Durability – Unlike mouthguards you can purchase at a store, custom-made appliances are fabricated from high-quality materials that are designed to last longer.
- Improved Comfort – Because these mouthguards are made based on impressions taken of your child’s smile, our team at Murphy Family Dentistry can ensure a comfortable fit when worn.
- Better Oral Health – Apart from their ability to safeguard smiles during a game or while engaging in outdoor activities, mouthguards are a great way to minimize excessive wear and tear on tooth enamel and alleviate jaw pain.